About COVID 19 Open Cohort Study
It is a voluntary online study available in English-language. Some unique features of this study include: real-time access to incoming data that can be analysed to inform the situation on the ground as the study is ongoing. It will also provide feedback for participants who may require self-quarantine or report to a health facility for further checks.
Through an open cohort study (OCS), the aim of COVID-19 OCS (COCS) is to refine case definitions, establish incidence of the pandemic and to characterise the clinical spectrum and outcomes of the disease among different populations.
- Through a cross sectional survey describe risk factors and enlist study participants for the cohort study.
- To characterize the clinical spectrum of COVID-19.
- To refine case definitions of COVID-19 using data from different population groups.
- To explore in detail, the epidemiology of COVID-19.
- To document outcomes associated with COVID-19 in various age groups, populations and concomitant conditions.
- To generate data to inform clinical research on COVID-19.
- To generate population specific data for evidence based public health education as a control measure.
- Provide a decision tree that has automated feedback that has standard of care including quarantine, call help-line, seek medical attention and avoid spread of the disease.
DURATION OF STUDY
We anticipate that the project will be conducted until end of the COVID-19 pandemic. We have initially arranged to conduct baseline survey in 4 weeks and follow up study for 12 months.